Monday, January 10, 2011

1/9/11: The Great Clip Incident of 2011


Better known as the day I saved Rylee's life or maybe the day she decided to try to end mine. Here I was minding my own business, chatting with my mom on the phone. She was on the floor in the living room (right in front of me) and I noticed her "chewing" on something. She always does this and 9 times out of 10 she has nothing in her mouth. I always check if I see her doing it just to be sure.


So I go over and put my finger in her mouth and feel something metal. Something big. As I put my finger in I pushed it back slightly. It was to the point where it was about to go down her throat..and then it did. With my finger still around it.

Here I am freaking out because by now I see it's one of Morgan's little snap clips and it's snapped open. So every time I try to pull it out it scrapes her mouth and throat. I was so afraid I was going to lose it because I didn't have it that well but I would NOT let it go. I had to put my fingers all the way down her throat TWICE and the second time I finally fished it out.

I thought for sure it was going to get lodged, open, and she was going to choke to death. Paul and I aren't receiving any Parent of the Year awards anytime soon as we both freaked out. I also in turn freaked out my mother because she was still on the phone with me while this was going on and then Paul hung up on her. We did manage to save our child from death so score 1 or maybe 1/2 for us!

Prescription of Xanax? Yes, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment