Tuesday, January 18, 2011

1/15/11: Mall of America and the tale of the lost Giftcards


On Saturday we headed to the Mall of America. Honestly? I'm not sure what else there is to do in MN in January. I'm not a huge shopper but this place was so cool.  I loved the design of the whole place and just all the things there were to see.  I don't think you could hit everything in one day.

We started out by heading to Nickelodeon Universe.  This place is like a toddler's dream! I wish we had more time to just let Morgan run around and take it all in but there was so much to do. 





We continued on to Old Navy (where I scored some seriously awesome deals!) and then headed to Hooters for lunch. Yes, there is one IN the Mall of America and yes we all went there. They have some damn good food...the best thing? Fried Pickles!  I love those things and so does Morgan. Yum, yum, yum!

So then we went around to a few more places and finally landed at Gap. Gap is my mecca since I had kids. I can't get enough of this place. I had a bunch of gift cards from Christmas so I was ready to shop.  I took all my stuff down to the first floor...(yes Gap was 2 freakin floors!) and went to get out the gift cards. I'm sure you all see where this is heading - they were not there.  They were not anywhere.  Total panic. I had like $500 of gift cards in this little bag and it was gone! I went all over the Gap and couldn't find them. We looked and called every other store we'd been to.  We called Hooters. (I was positive I'd lost them there.) Nothing. Nada. Zilch.  Major Mall of America fail.

Would you be super suprised if I told you we called the next morning and Old Navy HAD THEM!?! Because they did. That is unreal to me. I don't know how they got lost or what but by some miracle either a worker or a customer found them and they had them for me behind the checkout.  YAY!!! and PHEW!

No comments:

Post a Comment