Wednesday, January 12, 2011

1/12/11: It's a belated Christmas Miracle


I've known Ed and Rachel for I would venture to say at least 20+ years.  Ed was even my 4th grade boyfriend. Yup, that's right people he even had his sister bring my mom a teddy bear one afternoon. (He then rudely demanded it back a few weeks later in the lunch line of all places.  That's another story for another time though) If you would have told me in HS that Ed and Rachel would be married with kids now there is no way I would have believed you. If you would have told me our kids would hang out and be friends?  I might have believed you but I wouldn't have imagined them being Ed AND Rachel's kids together. Lucky for us they did and they all happen to be around the same ages.

Morgan and Julia are BFFs. Hardcore. They entertain themselves by flipping over couches, speaking a language us parents don't understand, and bouncing their happy little faces off.  Katelyn and Rylee are basically along for the ride at this point but I'm sure one day they will be BFFs too.  Julia and Morgan were dying to see each other and today was the day. Rachel brought the girls over and they played all morning until reluctantly it was nap time.

The mircale I speak of is the picture above.  This was the first and only shot.  All 4 of them sat down, looked at the camera and said cheese.  Rachel and I were shocked.  If you have kids, you know what a difficult process picture taking can be.  

I'm really hoping that our kids will be friends for 20+ years like we all are. (Although someone needs to have a boy soon, because really? We have our hands full.)

No comments:

Post a Comment