Monday, January 24, 2011

1/19/11: Happy Birthday Mom!

G




Today was my mom's birthday!  How old do you think she looks? Whatever you say I guarantee she's older. That may sound like a bad thing but it's not.  No one ever believes me when I tell them how old my parents are. You'll find out via the cake  below, if you haven't looked already. I told mi madre that she would be the focus of my blog post and that I would need a picture.  She made me take a bunch and instead of posting the best one? I posted them all.  HAHA!

I made this cake for my mom and a few things went wrong.  First the conversation I had via facebook with my dad went as so:

Dad: Hey can you make your mom a cake?
Me: Yah
Dad: We'll be over tonight around 7:00 pm, she wants chocolate with chocolate icing
Me: I know, this isn't news.
Dad: Can you tell Corey and Kelly? I know it's short notice but that's how I roll.

Really? There are a few things my dad should not be saying and this is definitely one of them. That's how he rolls? Since when does he even roll to have a type of roll?  Anywho...

The packets of sugar letters to decorate the cake are a hot commodity in these parts.  My sister once tried to cut a bitch for some.  Okay what really happened is when she was 16ish, she wanted them, my brother took them and she said some pretty choice four letter words to my brother in front of my parents. Over sugar letters. Yup. 

 Clearly there are not enough A's. We got creative and made an 8 a substitute A.  Also? That right side? Whoa, hot mess.  Paul and I attempted to ice it while it was too warm and well that happened.  We kept then trying to "fix" and it just made it worse. Whatever it tasted awesome! ...that's how I roll.


This final picture is for my mom's friend Sandy.  Sandy is one day older than my mom and a picture with the numbers backwards was posted to her FB on her birthday.  My dad didn't want my mom to be left out, so here ya go!

In closing, my mother totally rules! She is the best mom in the entire world. She really truly is, so thanks mom and Happy Birthday!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Kristy! For the lovely cake and the kind words. I have the best family ever, cuz that's how I roll.

    ReplyDelete