Tuesday, January 18, 2011

1/17/11: Home again, Home again

I'm not sure where that saying comes from but I just remember my Grandma Kay always saying it when we returned to her house after being out.  I tend to say it to Morgan and Rylee now when we get home.  I was super happy to be home after a long weekend away. 

Our flight left at 7:10 that morning and we had to get up pretty early.  As you can imagine we were running late. By the time we got our tickets it was already 6:30. Yikes! Let's just say we got to the gate just as it was our turn to board a la Home Alone.  Flight home with kids was about the same except that Morgan was extra talkative.  She gave everyone on the plane a rousing rendition or 12 of Twinkle, twinkle.  She followed that up with Happy Birthday.  At one point she just yelled (as loud as possible, I don't know where she gets that!) "Happy Birthday!" Followed by, "I just told all the peoples Happy Birthday!"  She sure is good entertainment.

My parents picked us up from the airport and took us home. Let's just say the car ride was eventful. Apparently my mom's driver side window is broken.  As in it won't roll up on occasion.  Of course my dad had to roll it down to pay for short-term parking. It didn't roll back up. We spent the entire ride home (on the freeway nontheless) with the driver's side window rolled all the way down.  Also? My dad called a driver in front of him at the toll booth a buttwipe. I've heard him say more colorful things so maybe that was for the kids??

I'll finish up with a few things I learned this weekend:

1. Minnesota is indeed West of Ohio.
2. There are moose AND mousse in Minnesota
3. Minnesota is an hour different from Ohio. For instance the Bachelor comes on from 7-9. They do NOT see the episode before us however.
4. Paul once pooped in his room on the floor near a trashcan when he was 3 because he was afraid to go downstairs.
5. If you turn your bike upside down you can pretend you are the girl in Rumpelstiltskin spinning gold.
6. My brother is a megadork.  He and Ashley watched our animals while we were gone and this is how I found him upon return:


1 comment:

  1. Home again, home again, jiggety jig; Home again, home again, jiggety jog.

    ReplyDelete