Tuesday, January 18, 2011

1/14/11: To Grandmother's house we go!

I'll admit, I had a little anxiety about flying with the kids for the first time. For real though? They were super awesome rockstar kids. We flew out of CLE and it was so super easy. We checked our bags and headed to security.  Due to the girls, the lady let us go in the super fast security line (the one for preferred passengers or whatever). We sailed right through there..okay I did get body scanned but it was NOT a big deal as I imagined it to be. I was in this glass tunnel  for like 2 seconds and held up my arms.  It reminded me of one of those machines where you go in and money swirls around and you see how much you can grab. Except it was open on 2 ends, oh and it didn't contain any money.  They scanned me and I walked out.

After security we headed to the gate.  I was excited to find out that families get a little preference in boarding too! Kick ass. So we got to get on a situate ourselves after the A group went on.  We got into our seats and the kids were soooo awesome! 

Rylee did this during most of her flying experience:


Yes that is her asleep on my lap. Mindy, Rylee, and I were in one row while Paul, Morgan and Calli were in another.  Morgan really enjoyed the plane.  When she heard the engine start up she screamed: "Ready, guys!?!"  She spent her time chatting, looking out the window, and watching her DVD player as seen below:


As you know from above, I did not sit with Paul during the trip. He claims that Morgan's apple juice expanded in her cup and came out of the straw and all over his pants. He swears he did not pee himself. I wasn't there and I'm still undecided.


All in all it was sooo smooth and I was so relieved! 

No comments:

Post a Comment