Thursday, September 29, 2011

9/23/11: The Expo

Friday night was the Road Runner Akron Marathon Expo in downtown Akron at the Knight Center.  I met up with Eric, the 4th leg of our 5 man relay team, at the Expo to get him registered and check out the Expo itself.

I have never been to a running event Expo, and to be honest, I was kind of disappointed with it.  It was too crowded, with everyone shuffling along to get their technical running shirt at the end.  There were many shops set up with running gear to buy, along with Bath Fitter. I mean hell, why not have a Bath Fitter booth? Dumb....

The biggest disappointment was not seeing any of the special guests there, including some Biggest Loser contestants, and the person I really wanted to see, Hal Higdon.

Next year I will try to attend the Expo a bit earlier in the day and perhaps go by myself or some other runners to spend time at some of the booths there.

No comments:

Post a Comment