Saturday, June 18, 2011

6/6/11: Changes in Attitude








Changes in attitude indeed.  Now let me say a vacation with your kids is not really an adult type vacation. In return though you get too see how much fun your kids have and maybe you sneak in a nap here and there that you wouldn't normally get and you come home with a nice tan.  It all balances out.

Today was our first real day to be able to do anything so first we headed to the beach.  Let me tell you that water was freaking cold.  I'm talking at one point during the week it was like 58.  Something about the winds blowing in the cold water and taking out the warm.  Let's just say not many of us got in all that often until the last couple days even though it was hotter than hell outside.

We were one row back from the beach and it wasn't crowded so it was nice to be able to go down at our leisure and have our own space.  Rylee, spent most of her time eating in the tent.  Doing what she does best. Occasionally she came out to join the rest of us. Morgan spent a lot of her first few days grabbing our hands and taking us close to the water and then pulling us away when the waves came in. Good times.

I will say the house was perfect for our needs.  Enough space for everyone, our own pool, an elevator for the old gimpy man that was with us, I could go on and on but I won't.  My mattress ruled though and now I really want a King bed. Had the AC been working on the 1st and 2nd floor before mid-week it could have been better but I'll take it any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment