Monday, March 7, 2011

3/6/11: Add another mom story to the list!


My mom has a ton of stories that she tells over and over.  She repeats them time and time again and we always bring it up to get a good laugh.

Some of her good ones:

1. The Flagpole:  If the Flagpole was up in the neighborhood the kids could come swimming
2. "I sat in my car just to prove a point!"
3. Biafra
4. "When I came home from college, they had moved!"
5. "I wasn't allowed to see the Monkees!"

Guess what? She added another story this weekend.

This is how the story goes:
My mom has been having migraines for years.  When I got PG with both girls I got some bad headaches in the 1st trimester and with Rylee the doctor gave me a prescription to help.  I mentioned this to my mom and she told her doctor about it and he gave her the same RX. Great!

I overheard her this weekend telling Corey and Ashley this same story as above and how it was really working for her. Innocent enough. right?  So later that afternoon we were talking about how last year she got a really bad migraine and couldn't go to finals.  Then she says "But this year I have my Percocet, so I'm good to go!"  I was like "Wait, what?! You don't take Percocet it's called FIORICET!"  OMG - My mom is popping pills and she doesn't even know what they are!  She then tells me how she she read about someone getting caught with Percocet without the prescription and they got arrested and how she just carries them in a pill case and she was nervous. Really?

Of course at this point everyone else chimes in: I asked Corey and Ashley if she said Percocet when I overheard them at lunch and they said yes. LOL.  Ashley said "I thought that was weird that they would give that to you while you were PG but whatever your doctor wants to do.."  For the record, no my OB did not give me Percocet while I was PG.  Hahaha.  My sister pipes up and says I think you told Greg (her BF) you took Percocet too. He's a nurse so he probably thinks she's crazy.

A few other things I learned this weekend:

There is no such thing as a marijuana loaded shotgun
There is such a thing as the Gay Boy Gangstas
Ashley has her own fairy at home
My mom cannot park a car to save her life.
*I love spending time with my family*

No comments:

Post a Comment