Monday, March 7, 2011

3/3/11: Hotel living


Thursday was a bit of a cluster.  As Paul mentioned before, my family has been going to the State Wrestling tournament for years. I've been going since I was 10. Mom's rules. We always used to look at it as a nice break from the winter weather (not that it's much different) and just a small weekend get away from our lives up north.  Now with the kids it's not as relaxing but it's fun in a different way.

Thursday was the day the tournament started and we didn't plan on attending the first session since Paul had to work and we were going to leave when he got home.  There was so much to do in order to pack for everyone and bring everything everyone needed for the weekend that he ended up taking a half day to come home and help me.  We had to get stuff to keep Morgan and Rylee busy not only during the tournament but on the car ride down.  We had to make sure everything was ready for the dogs and cats while we were gone.  Oh and did I mention one of my really good friends had her baby earlier that morning!?!? (So cute, btw!)

We finally got on the road about 5 and hit CBus around 7:45 with only 2 stops. We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Dublin which was super duper nice!  Great hotel, nice rooms, awesome breakfast, they even had a Starbucks!!  Plus the door hangers and key cards had funny little sayings on them that I found interesting (not so much this one) during our stay there.

My dad says that had a complimentary happy hour from 5:30-7:30 too...we were never there at that time so I was major bummed to miss that.  Maybe next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment