Thursday, March 31, 2011

3/29/11: Cricut, Parties, and Etsy



I mentioned before how I started planning Rylee and Morgan's Birthday parties. I got the time to do some rough drafts of some of the crafts I wanted to do. I also recently got a cricut and finally got some cartridges and the Sure Cuts a Lot software.

The ribbon ball centerpiece is a very rough draft.  The red ribbon was wired and didn't work as well as I intended.  In the end it will have some tulle added and a wooden dowel attached so it can be placed in a flower pot.  I don't explain things well so here is an example...


I really love to do this kind of stuff and now that I have a Cricut I really want to add to my Etsy shop that I'm embarrassed to tell a lot of other people exists.  I'm really afraid of the rejection and/or what if people don't like my creations!?! Ack?!  Now that I have the Cricut I'll be able to add the banners, cupcake toppers, centerpieces, etc that I make for the girls parties.  Right now I basically have some photo collages/things and the invites/announcements I've made for friends and family on Etsy.  I wish party/wedding/etc planning could be a full time gig.  That would be my dream job!  

No comments:

Post a Comment