Sunday, November 6, 2011

11/2/11: Christmas Ale


 This, is a work of art.  That is a picture of my beer fridge in the garage. Full of my favorite beers. On the top shelf sits the only good thing to come out of PA, Yuengling. My go to beer Miller Lite sits in the middle.  Ashley introduced me to a fantastic winter beer, which is a close second to my favorite. She bought me a pack of Thirsty Dog's 12 Dogs of Christmas, which, I found out, was created by someone who was a brewmaster at Great Lakes. While I still have a few Oktoberfest on the shelf above, I have moved to that sweet, sweet nectar, Great Lakes Christmas Ale. 


While I love this beer, I must drink it in moderation.  A friend of mine knows the brew master for Great Lakes and told us that although it is listed at 7.5% alcohol, it actually is a higher, in the range of 10-12%. The reason it is listed lower is so that it can remain a beer and not a malt liquor. Take that info for what its worth. 
Now the only thing I need to do is sit down on an evening and watch Christmas Vacation. Only then will I be ready for the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment