Sunday, October 9, 2011

10/7/11: Rufeners's Pumpkin Farm/SE Homecoming









Morgan's Preschool Class



Morgan's Preschool BFF Madyson.

We started our day with Morgan's preschool field trip to the pumpkin farm! I really underestimated how hot it would be outside. I also overestimated my ability to wrangle two children and the two enormous pumpkins they picked while simultaneously carrying a pumpkin of mine own in utero. Rylee wasn't exactly being cooperative on this trip as she wanted to go anywhere I didn't want her to go and she wasn't a fan of me carrying her anywhere. Damn stubborn child.

We got to watch them feed a baby calf and the kids got to feed the goats.  Well Morgan took the food in her hand and then promptly gave it to me to feed the goats. There was a slide that ended in a huge pile of corn kernels that both Rylee and Morgan really enjoyed.  I found a handful of those kernels in Rylee's diaper later. 

Finally, we took a hayride back to the corn maze and the pumpkin patch where the kids got to pick their own pumpkins. My girls must think I'm really buff because they picked two big ones for me to carry. The trip was successful in entertaining the girls and tiring out mommy!







That night we joined the Hunt family, Grandma Kathy, Kelly, and Mackenzie at the SE/Rootstown Homecoming football game. Morgan was very excited to see Julia and Katelynn. The Fox 8 chopper was even there and the girls had fun watching it take off from the baseball field. They all actually enjoyed the football game too! Afterwards we headed to Applebees with the Hunt family to end the day.

Just thinking about all of this makes me tired again.


No comments:

Post a Comment