Thursday, October 27, 2011

10/22/11: Mr. and Mrs. Williams











Saturday morning started out like any other typical morning before a wedding for us guys. I joined Ed, Canale, Dike, Dick, Mickey, Coreybob, and Nate for a quick 9 holes, with drinking of course, before we had to head down to Hale Farm. We mostly screwed off while golfing, spinning our tires in the mud while trying to find golf balls underneath fallen leaves.

The guys and I all needed to be at Hale Farm for pictures by 4pm. We all made it there within a few minutes of each other and started drinking again (of course). I had the task of setting up the projector with the DVD I made for them so guests could see pictures of Nick and Amanda and their friends over the years. We all wandered inside the building and I tracked down the lady in charge. I barely got my question out to hear about the location of the projector when she said, "Sir, you need to leave with that beer." Now, this was a shock considering it was the location of the reception. I didn't want to cause an issue so I said OK. I went and found Dick (Nick) at the head table discussing some final things and I told him I needed to find a laptop to hook to the projector. Little did I know, but Sherri, the lady who just told me to leave with the beer, was following me to tell me again, "Sir, you really need to leave." So, I was kicked out before the party even started. WooHoo!

Fast forward to the ceremony. It took place in a lovely small 1800's church, with two wood burning stoves to heat the joint and no electricity. Me and the guys, all decked out in our penguin suits, were hot, and the fact that our collars were all too tight around our neck didn't help. Once we got into place and Nick and Amanda started to exchange vows, we all could be seen adjusting our collars and wiping sweat from our brow.  Ed, who was in front of me, glanced back at us to see if we too were sweating, then looked back at Nick and Amanda. Three seconds later. THUD! Ed, was on the floor. Yessir. Ed passed out. Each of us, including Mickey, Nick's Dad, all were thinking something different when it happened. None of us thought Ed was fainting. I thought he was pulling some stunt and climbing onto the stage; Mickey thought he was doing push-ups; Canale and Corey didn't know what the hell he was doing; and Amanda, mid vow, turned and said, "What the Hell?!?!?"

Ed was out cold for 10 minutes. Yes. 10 minutes. 911 was called. He left in an ambulance. He stayed overnight for observation. The poor guy missed the reception. But don't worry! It did not stop me and Canale from bringing down the house at the reception. We drank like it was our jobs, and when we were told we couldn't drink anymore (stopped serving), we went on a scavenger hunt to find where they hid the beer. We ventured into the basement of the joint and wandered around like to lost idiots, hiding from some worker who was down there putting stuff away. We managed to find the cooler, which initially we thought was locked, but after a good tug, opened to a beautiful sight... Beer. I acted as the lookout as Canale grabbed 3 beers, leaving with 2 (dumbass dropped one and busted everywhere!). Take that Sherri....

The night ended well. We created a new handshake, involving the act of starting to shake hands and then our  knees buckling and us falling to the floor. Thanks Eddie! We will have years of laughs for that one!

Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Williams!! Thanks for letting us be a part of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment